Custom Knee Braces
Healing and wellness through the benefit of Natural Motion — it’s the heart of DJO Global. By prescribing motion, we can all take control of our healthcare and choose a healthier path. Activity is the key to healthier lives and better outcomes. “Motion is Medicine” is a multidimensional approach to help patients combat pain, inactivity, disability and declining wellness caused by knee osteoarthritis, sport injury and more.
At Performance Sports Therapy, we provide two types of custom Don Joy knee braces:
Osteoarthritic Knee Bracing
Benefits of these knee braces include:
- They reduce pain because they work to offload joint stress
- They are non-invasive and non-narcotic
- They can help you maintain your everyday activities
- They can be used in conjunction with other treatment options to help effectively manage pain and swelling
- They can be more cost effective and safer than other treatments such as medications or surgeries that carry additional risks
- They can prevent further deterioration of the joint by easing the pressure on the affected area.
ACL injury facts:
- Young people between the ages of 15-25 account for half of all ACL injuries
- A person who has torn their ACL has a 15 times greater risk of a second ACL injury during the initial 12 months after ACL reconstruction, and risk of ACL injury to the opposite knee is two times that of the restructured knee
- Many athletes don’t return to sport after ACL reconstruction due to fear of re-injury.
Covered by private insurance plans
Not covered by OHIP